Below is a copy of our current tour newsletter. To subscribe to our newsletter, absolutely free of charge, please click here.
Tour Newsletter Dated August 16, 2019
Dear Vacations To Go Customer,Today's newsletter is for readers who are looking for a bit of adventure on their next vacation.
For some, adventure means traveling to exotic, far-flung destinations such as Africa or the wildlife-rich Amazon rainforest. For others, it means engaging in some sort of recreational activity while on vacation, like hiking, biking, climbing or kayaking.
We represent several companies that specialize in these types of getaways, and I've described them below. For more information, click the applicable links.
Intrepid Travel focuses on the cultures and traditions of a diverse array of destinations, such as Italy, Bolivia, New Zealand and Japan. It is committed to the principles of sustainable travel and minimal physical impact on the destinations visited, making use of public transportation and quaint restaurants and lodgings. Among the offerings are family vacations in locales such as Botswana, Peru and the Pyrenees mountains of Andorra. Intrepid's Real Food Adventures explore local culinary scenes, with market visits, cooking classes and street food sampling.
G Adventures also advocates low-impact, sustainable travel that supports local communities and businesses. Guests might overnight in locally owned hotels or simple guesthouses. You can hike, bike and kayak in Vietnam or Thailand or learn to surf in Costa Rica. Ride a famed train from Beijing to St. Petersburg or cruise aboard a riverboat through the remote Upper Amazon. Family adventures are offered in China, the Galapagos and other locales.
African Travel is one of the industry's leaders in safaris to Africa. Hike through the forests of Rwanda to come face-to-face with mountain gorillas or view an amazing array of wildlife in Tanzania.
SITA Tours has a wide range of trips to intriguing destinations, mostly in Africa, Asia, South America and Europe. Offerings include gorilla treks in Uganda and Rwanda, introductions to the natural wonders of Iceland and in-depth tours of Rajasthan.
Natural Habitat Adventures specializes in small-group, nature-focused vacations that visit remote wildlife reserves, pristine coasts and the less-traveled corners of national parks. Track grizzly bears in Alaska, explore Scotland's highlands and islands and seek gray whales along the Baja California peninsula of Mexico. The company also offers photography tours in the wild.
Avalon Waterways, sister company to tour operator Globus, offers "Active & Discovery" river cruises in Europe that cater to the physically active with a great variety of excursions. You might pedal along the cycling paths of Budapest on a Danube sailing, for example, or canoe the gorges of the Ardeche River on a trip in southern France.
Adventures by Disney incorporates active elements into a few of its family-friendly vacations. Raft the Nenana River and hike to Byron Glacier while in Alaska, go horseback riding and whitewater rafting in the mountains of Wyoming or zipline through the treetops of Costa Rica.
Abercrombie & Kent was founded as a safari company in 1962. On trips to Tanzania, Kenya, Botswana and other safari destinations, A&K guests stay in small, private lodges and elegant tented accommodations. The company also designs upscale vacations in other destinations, like the Galapagos, India, Antarctica and the Arctic, and it offers family-friendly trips.
Finally, PolarExplorers leads once-in-a-lifetime adventures to often unpredictable places, led by expert guides. Currently, the company is offering expeditions to both the North Pole and South Pole.
Here are this week's Top 10 Tours. All prices are per person, based on double occupancy, and subject to availability.
1) Utah's Mighty Five National Parks, 10 days with Trafalgar. Begins in Grand Junction and ends in Las Vegas. Save 10%. Starting at $2,646. Departures from May 10 through September 20, 2020.
2) Jewels of Italy, 7 days with CostSaver by Trafalgar. Begins in Rome and ends in Venice. Save $300 per couple off the air-inclusive price. Starting at $925. Departures from September 15, 2019 through March 29, 2020.
3) Irish Splendor, 8 days with Collette. Travels between Dublin and Kingscourt. Save up to $600 per couple. Starting at $1,599. Departures from October 29, 2019 through December 1, 2020.
4) Brazil, Argentina & Chile Unveiled, 12 days with Cosmos. Begins in Rio de Janeiro and ends in Santiago. Save $100 per couple. Starting at $1,879. Departures from January 12 through December 6, 2020.
5) Normandy, Brittany & Chateaux Country, 9 days with Globus. Begins and ends in Paris. Save 10%. Starting at $2,599. Departures from April 4 through October 3, 2020.
6) Best of Italy, 15 days with Intrepid Travel. Begins in Rome and ends in Venice. Save 10%. Starting at $3,205. Departures from April 6 through October 15, 2020.
7) Highlights of Eastern Europe, 14 days with Insight Vacations. Begins in Budapest and ends in Vienna. Save 10%. Starting at $3,258. Departures from April 11 through October 10, 2020.
8) Ancient Egypt (Women's Travel), 9 days with SITA Tours. Begins and ends in Cairo. Starting at $3,425. Departs December 2, 2019.
9) A Week In... Portugal, 8 days with Tauck. Begins in Porto and ends in Lisbon. Starting at $3,990. Departures from April 25 through October 24, 2020.
10) South Pacific Wonders, 15 or 18 days with Collette. Begins in Cairns and ends in Queenstown. Save up to $1,000 per couple. Starting at $3,999. Departures from September 17, 2019 through November 2, 2020.
Customers in the US and Canada can call us toll-free at 800-680-2858. For a list of our other toll-free numbers worldwide, click here.
For savings of up to 82% on ocean cruises, click here.
For river cruises up to 50% off, click here.
For discounts of up to 50% at hotels and all-inclusive resorts, click here.
For the lowest rates on Africa safaris from budget to luxury in quality, click here.
Please email me your comments, suggestions and questions at email@example.com and I will respond the same day.
If you enjoy our newsletter, please forward this email to family and friends.
Vacations To Go